Depending on your needs, your budget, and the scope of your project, Melinda Browning Interior Design offers different levels of service:
Full Service Design includes:
- Client consultation to ensure a creative, functional, and beautiful design plan
- Budget development, refinement, and project management
- Collaboration with key partners, such as architects, contractors, and landscape designers
- Space planning to maximize the layout and proper flow between spaces
- Selection of furniture, antiques, lighting, fixtures, finishes, fabrics, rugs, and accessories
- Creating color/fabric schemes and lighting plans
- Custom furniture, window treatments, soft goods, and cabinetry/casework design
- Green, sustainable, and locally-made design options
- Ordering, tracking, inspection and delivery of all furniture, furnishings, fabrics and accessories
- Coordinating schedules, installation, moving, and storage
- Initial client meeting: We will meet to discuss the scope of the project, and spend time reviewing your needs and desires. You will be provided with a client questionnaire which will help us determine the scope of your project as well as your design aesthetic, and your lifestyle.
- Determining the scope: Once we have an understanding of your style and preferences, we will collaborate to evaluate and outline the scope of your project.
- Design: Upon determination of the scope, the design process begins. Choices will be based on the information you provided us in your initial client meeting.
- Design Presentation: An additional client meeting to present, review, and refine the design concept and establish any adjustments based on your feedback.
- Implementation: Orders will be placed, sub-contractors engaged, and the work begins! Our staff collaborates with all vendors and sub-contractors to maintain communication and to streamline the work flow. We pay close attention to all details and are advocating for you every step of the way.
- Installation: We coordinate all aspects of the installation and schedule all vendor and craftsmen appointments and deliveries ensuring you a smooth process from start to finish.
Our “Design Alchemy” service gives you one-on-one access to a designer without the longer term commitment of full-service interior design. We will meet in your home where we can review your design challenges and refine your vision for the space. We will work through as many rooms as time allows, giving you design advice and guidance on how to improve your space. At the end of our time together you will have specific actionable suggestions that you can follow-up on as time and finances allow. You will receive professional guidance based on:
- Your personal design aesthetic
- The items you currently own
- A target budget
- Your vision and goals for each space
Sessions are 4 hours in length. When our time is complete you will have received:
- “In-person” interaction with a designer
- Notes documenting what was discussed
- A simplified Design Concept
- An overall budget for the items you wish to purchase
- A shopping list of items specifically designed to enhance the quality of the spaces reviewed
- A list of Melinda’s preferred online sources